If making Movements is your kind of thing, then you might enjoy this TED talk which my colleague Mansi shared with me :). The scale of a real Movement maybe much bigger; the effort, time, money required much larger, but the principles are valid.
1. Have the guts
- Stand out
- Be prepared to get ridiculed
2. Easy steps
- Makes it easy to follow what you are doing
3. Embrace the community
- As an equal
- Not about us, its about them
4. Community Energizes
- Early supporters are to be valued – they are the true leaders
- Showcasing them is of great value
5. The tipping point
- It’s not risky for people to join and more & more join us now
6. We’ve got a movement
Do share any interesting talks that you might have found on this topic, and of course, your thoughts.